I’m sure we won’t have to purr-suade you too much to try out some super natural cat foods this Halloween. Although pumpkins are in abundance this time of year, we think your cat may prefer some of these more cat-friendly options: packed with quality meat to give your cat everything it needs.
Many cat foods have a spooky amount of grains and a scarily low meat content: but not these foods! We’ve picked out our 7 top cat food brands that are free from hard-to-digest cereals and chock-full of natural meaty goodness instead.
This UK-based company uses free-run chickens and freshly caught North Sea herring to make its fresh tasting, meaty cat food packed with essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6. The food is all naturally preserved without any lactose, gluten or sugars, making it ideal for cats with sensitive tums!
- 70 % carefully selected meat and fish
- 30% fruit, vegetables and herbs
- Lactose and gluten-free
- No added sugars
Here we have another British pet food brand which is totally free from common cat allergens such as wheat, dairy, soya, pork and beef so it’s purrfect for your puss. It’s available as a wet and dry food, with all the meat coming from freshly caught fish and humanely reared livestock.
- No additives
- Free from eggs, wheat, soya, pork or beef
This small, family business based in Southern Germany makes nutritious meals that taste homemade and are available as both a wet and dry food. Keep an eye out for their new single serve pouches!
- Grain and gluten-free
- Single source of protein
- Soya-free and lactose-free
- Contains pumpkin for those looking to get a little bit Halloweeny!
With Swedish brand Bozita, you know you’re getting quality meat free that’s from any nasty growth hormones. The ingredients are all top notch, using meat from animals which have been raised in the Swedish countryside in humane conditions. The wet food also comes in nifty tetra-packs for easy serving!
- Made from meat of human-grade quality
- Dry food is tailored to cat’s lifestyle (e.g. indoor/outdoor)
- No artificial flavour enhancers or colourings
- No soy, grain or preservatives
- Free from animal testing
This USA-based pet food brand takes inspiration from the natural diet of cats to create its food, featuring exciting meats like venison and trout- bound to please your fussy paws!
- High Omega-3 content for glossy coats and healthy skin
- With prebiotics to aid digestion
Acana uses regional foods like chicken, turkey and eggs sourced from local prairie farms and sustainably-caught wild fish to make its meaty dry food with everything Sir or Lady Whiskers needs.
- 70% animal proteins
- 30% fruit & vegetables
- Added seaweed, juniper berries, lavender, alfalfa and peppermint leaves for metabolism
An independent, family-owned company based in Canada, Orijen prides itself on using fresh grain-fed chicken, wild-caught whitefish and whole eggs, all sourced from Canadian farms and lakes. Not bad, eh?
- 75% meat
- 25% regional fruit and vegetables
- Contains herbs and probiotics to promote health
These natural, nutritious cat foods are more of a treat than a trick!
Are you feeling super natural this Halloween?